|©British Library & The Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments|
Celebrating the Magna Carta’s 800 year legacy, The Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments is offering guests the opportunity to discover the “Magna Carta: Law, Liberty, Legacy” exhibition at the British Library. This once-in-a-lifetime exhibit takes visitors through the fascinating history behind the charter and it’s signing by King John of England on 12 June 1215. It is one of the most influential documents in history.
The Magna Carta package is available until Friday 14th August 2015, with prices from £302 and includes overnight accommodation, a full breakfast for two people at the Athenaeum’s double rosette-awarded restaurant and two tickets to the exhibition at the British Library.
Those wanting to carry on their journey of exploration can head to The Athenaeum’s sister hotel, The Runnymede-on-Thames, located directly opposite the meadows where the great charter was signed in 1215.
The Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments
116 Piccadilly, London W1J 7BJ, United Kingdom
The package includes two tickets to the ‘Magna Carta: Law, Liberty, Legacy’ exhibition, an overnight stay at The Athenaeum and breakfast for two.
- Additional tickets are available for groups larger than two on request
- Valid from Sunday 29th March to Friday 14th August 2015
- Excludes stays and access to the exhibition from Sunday 14th - Friday 19th June 2015
- Offer is subject to availability
Located in Mayfair, The Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments has 164 bedrooms including 12 suites, 18 townhouse apartments and a rooftopsuite. It is the essence of Englishness: discreet, personal, friendly, interesting, lavish, quirky and down to earth.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7499 3464
- Website: http://www.athenaeumhotel.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheAthenaeum
- Nearest Tube: Green Park & Hyde Park Corner
- Location: On Piccadilly. Opposite Green Park. Near Hyde Park. Moments from Shepherd’s Market and the rest of Mayfair
- Personality: Chic and homely townhouse hotel
- Need to know: Everything in the minibar is free! Snacks, wines, spirits, coffee and even Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream in the executive rooms and the suites
- Located opposite Green Park, the hotel bedrooms and suites enjoy some of the finest views in and of London, and guests can even boast the Royal Family as their neighbours
Source: Press Release