Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The quintessential Crab Sandwich

I was driving to Port Douglas recently and stopped in a little town which had a welcoming cafe and – great excitement – a board listing crab sandwiches as one of the specialities. I grew up on the border of Devon and Cornwall in the UK and visits to the Cornish coast were frequent, which is where I developed my taste for crab. Nothing seems to come close to the succulent sandwiches available there which, made properly, are heavenly.

The key, I was reminded when I mentioned crab sandwiches to the wonderful Valli Little of Delicious Magazine, is the use of both dark and light crab meat. So I am off to experiment again and see if I can produce the quintessential crab sandwich ....watch this space ...

No comments:

Post a Comment